By Nicole Hennig
How can your library—and your patrons—benefit from cellular apps? This guidebook bargains an effective starting place in "app-literacy," offering librarians with the data to check and suggest apps, supply workshops, and turn into the app specialist for his or her communities.
• Describes an important, top quality cellular apps in particular subject components of curiosity to librarians
• presents examples of ways those apps are necessary for schooling, creativity, and productiveness for every type of clients, together with people with specified needs
• provides an in depth list of what details to incorporate while reviewing apps
• contains an intensive source advisor to books, blogs, web content, classes, and different resources for maintaining with cellular apps
• presents notes on app performance, gains, cost, and developer in addition to any pertinent obstacles
Read or Download Apps for Librarians: Using the Best Mobile Technology to Educate, Create, and Engage PDF
Best library & information science books
The following, acclaimed expertise writer and speaker Robin Hastings brings either her personal adventure as a library’s IT supervisor with outsourcing technical functions—including e-mail and community backups in addition to easy maintenance—and that of others in her community of library techies to around out the publication to aid libraries of all kinds and sizes get monetary savings and extend companies.
Necessary for normal use through caregivers in addition to for assortment improvement, this ebook spotlights thousands of titles which are enticing and enjoyable for the reader and preschooler alike.
The recent ACRL details literacy strategies brings renewed curiosity in details literacy guideline and talents for librarians. the hot info Literacy guide: most sensible Practices deals information in making plans for and imposing info literacy guide courses in a variety of educational events, including:Course-related instructionFreshman composition coursesProfessional clinical educationNew path improvement and deliveryOne-shot sessionsFormal, credits coursesDistance educationVisual literacyand moreAs librarians take a brand new examine details literacy guide, this crucial ebook can assist consultant you in developing and retaining a high quality guide software.
Libraries are charged with fostering new abilities and services, a difficult activity in an period of speedy technological switch. constructing new methods of educating and learning—within finances and time constraints—is the major to protecting up to date. Written through librarians, this number of new essays describes an array of expertise outreach and guide programs—from the theoretical to the practical—for public, educational and faculty libraries, in keeping with case experiences and discussions of method.
- Advances in Library Administration and Organization: 33
- Maximizing the One-Shot: Connecting Library Instruction with the Curriculum
- Cost Analysis, Cost Recovery, Marketing and Fee-Based Services: A Guide for the Health Sciences Librarian (Medical Reference Services Quarterly)
- Literary Research and the British Eighteenth Century: Strategies and Sources (Literary Research: Strategies and Sources)
Extra resources for Apps for Librarians: Using the Best Mobile Technology to Educate, Create, and Engage
Apps for Librarians: Using the Best Mobile Technology to Educate, Create, and Engage by Nicole Hennig