By Benzoni Maria Matilde
Read or Download Americhe e modernità. Un itinerario fra storia e storiografia dal 1492 ad oggi (Storia-Studi e ricerche) (Italian Edition) PDF
Best world history books
While first released in 1958, The Canons of the Council of Sardica, advert 343 instantaneously grew to become the normal account of the canons glided by the Western bishops assembled at Serdica in 343 and the pondering on Church issues that lay at the back of them. during this new version Hamilton Hess has up-to-date his account within the mild of contemporary literature and translated all quotations into English to arrive a much broader viewers.
Lunatic Hospitals in Georgian England, 1750–1830 constitutes the 1st accomplished examine of the philanthropic asylum procedure in Georgian England. utilizing unique study and drawing upon a variety of services at the heritage of psychological overall healthiness this e-book demonstrates the an important position of the lunatic hospitals within the early improvement of a countrywide procedure of psychiatric associations.
Doomed to Cooperate tells the impressive tale of nuclear scientists from former enemy countries, Russia and the us, who reached throughout political, geographic, and cultural divides to confront, jointly, the hot nuclear threats that resulted from the cave in of the Soviet Union. utilizing the lingua franca of technological know-how and know-how, the intense minds and remarkable clinical nuclear courses of Russia and the us embarked upon greater than twenty years of cooperation to keep away from the lack of nuclear guns, nuclear fabrics, nuclear guns services, and the export of delicate nuclear applied sciences in the course of a time of monetary and political turmoil within the newly shaped Russian Federation a herculean activity often called lab-to-lab cooperation.
This quantity reproduces key old texts referring to `colonial knowledges’. using the adjective 'colonial' exhibits that wisdom is formed by way of energy relationships, whereas using the plural shape, ’knowledges’ shows the emphasis during this assortment is on an interaction among diversified, usually competing, cognitive structures.
- English Privateering Voyages to the West Indies, 1588-1595: Documents relating to English voyages to the West Indies, from the defeat of the Armada to ... A. Wright (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
- The Voyages and Colonising Enterprises of Sir Humphrey Gilbert: Volume I: 1 (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
- The Troublesome Voyage of Captain Edward Fenton, 1582-1583 (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
- George Goring (1608–1657): Caroline Courtier and Royalist General
- Reforming the Scottish Parish: The Reformation in Fife, 1560-1640 (St. Andrews Studies in Reformation History)
- The New Cambridge History of Islam: Volume 3, The Eastern Islamic World, Eleventh to Eighteenth Centuries
Extra info for Americhe e modernità. Un itinerario fra storia e storiografia dal 1492 ad oggi (Storia-Studi e ricerche) (Italian Edition)
Americhe e modernità. Un itinerario fra storia e storiografia dal 1492 ad oggi (Storia-Studi e ricerche) (Italian Edition) by Benzoni Maria Matilde