By Mark Rozell,Ted Jelen,Michael Shally-Jensen
This all-encompassing encyclopedia offers a large standpoint on U.S. politics, tradition, and society, but in addition is going past the proof to contemplate the myths, beliefs, and values that support form and outline the nation.
• bargains nearly 225 entries protecting U.S. politics, tradition, society, and beliefs
• comprises an introductory evaluation of the forces that experience formed and proceed to form American political tradition and a concluding essay that gathers key thematic threads and appears towards the future
• Covers the myriad ways that American political tradition affects different features of yank society
• Examines how cultural symbols and ideology are manipulated to boost political pursuits and determine executive authority
• Connects new matters similar to social media and sexual politics with the political culture
Read Online or Download American Political Culture: An Encyclopedia [3 volumes]: An Encyclopedia: 1-3 PDF
Best practical politics books
Over the past decade the "transition paradigm", that is according to the conviction that authoritarian political structures could through the years inevitably become democracies, has been subjected to critical feedback. The complicated political and societal advancements within the post-Soviet zone particularly have uncovered flaws within the declare shift from authoritarianism to democracy is inevitable.
The worldwide consensus in educational, professional and public geographical regions is that North Korea is an issue: its nuclear targets pose a danger to overseas protection, its degrees of poverty point out a humanitarian problem and its political repression signs a failed nation. This e-book examines the cultural dimensions of the foreign challenge of North Korea via modern South Korean and Western renowned imagination’s engagement with North Korea.
The transforming into disconnect among China's market-oriented economic climate with its rising civil society, and the brittle, anacronistic, and authoritarian nation has given upward thrust to extreme dialogue and debate approximately political reform, not just via Western observers, but in addition between chinese language intellectuals. whereas a few count on China's political reform to guide to democratization, others have proposed to reinforce the establishment of single-party rule and supply it with a superior criminal base.
The years among 1744 and 1757 have been a trying out time for the British executive as political unrest at domestic exploded into armed uprising, while at the continent French armies have been again and again positive. supplying an analytical narrative, supported by means of thematic chapters, this e-book examines the connection among Britain’s politics and international coverage in a interval now not hitherto taken care of as a unit.
- Oman - The Islamic Democratic Tradition (Durham Modern Middle East and Islamic World Series)
- The Leader, the Led, and the Psyche: Essays in Psychohistory
- The Idea of Political Marketing (Perspectives on the Twentieth Century)
- Persuasion in Your Life
Additional info for American Political Culture: An Encyclopedia [3 volumes]: An Encyclopedia: 1-3
American Political Culture: An Encyclopedia [3 volumes]: An Encyclopedia: 1-3 by Mark Rozell,Ted Jelen,Michael Shally-Jensen