By Catherine Cox,Susannah Riordan
Read or Download Adolescence in Modern Irish History (Palgrave Studies in the History of Childhood) PDF
Similar children's studies books
Formative years and Migration in Europe explores the under-researched and sometimes misunderstood worlds of migrant kids and youth, drawing on broad empirical examine with little ones and children from diversified migrant backgrounds dwelling in a swiftly altering ecu society. via in-depth exploration and research of the reports of youngsters who moved to eire within the first decade of the twenty first century, it addresses the tendency of migration study and coverage to miss the presence of kids in migratory flows.
This quantity brings jointly quite a lot of case stories from around the globe, written by way of a number of the major students within the box, to discover the advanced ways that old understandings of formative years and juvenile delinquency were developed in a world context.
Cellular Childhoods in Filipino Transnational households makes a speciality of the lived reports of '1. 5-generation' migrants with comparable 'roots' (the Philippines), traversing diversified 'routes' (receiving countries). by means of laying off gentle at the diverse paths in their migratory lives, it revisits the relationships among mobility, sociality and id.
During this quantity, the paintings of British psychoanalyst D. W. Winnicott is determined in dialog with a few of today’s such a lot gifted psychodynamically-sensitive political thinkers. The editors and members exhibit that Winnicott’s inspiration includes underappreciated political insights, discoverable in his reflections at the nature of the maturational procedure, and precious in operating via tricky impasses confronting modern political theorists.
- Trapped in a Vice: The Consequences of Confinement for Young People (Critical Issues in Crime and Society)
- Schoolgirls, Money and Rebellion in Japan (Nissan Institute/Routledge Japanese Studies)
- War, Women and Children in Ancient Rome (Routledge Revivals)
- Developmental Assets and Asset-Building Communities: Implications for Research, Policy, and Practice (The Search Institute Series on Developmentally Attentive Community and Society)
- The Child Welfare Challenge: Policy, Practice, and Research (Modern Applications of Social Work Series)
Additional resources for Adolescence in Modern Irish History (Palgrave Studies in the History of Childhood)
Adolescence in Modern Irish History (Palgrave Studies in the History of Childhood) by Catherine Cox,Susannah Riordan