By Paul Sillitoe
Read or Download A Place Against Time: Land and Environment in the Papua New Guinea Highlands (Studies in Environmental Anthropology) PDF
Similar nature & ecology books
The most issues of the Symposium have been biodiversity in enclosed and semi-enclosed seas and synthetic habitats, and the recovery of degraded platforms. those issues are hugely appropriate this present day. The papers facing the 1st topic symbolize present examine and issues approximately marine biodiversity in enclosed seas.
Deep-water coral reefs are discovered alongside huge sections of the outer continental cabinets and slopes of Europe, from North Cape to the Gulf of Cadiz, and since additionally they ensue alongside the Atlantic seaboard of united states, the Gulf of Mexico, off Brazil, within the Mediterranean, and stale New Zealand, they're at the moment being distinctive by way of overseas teams of marine scientists.
Emergency prone team of workers behavior their paintings in events which are inherently harmful. huge incidents similar to bushfires, floods and earthquakes frequently pose risks that aren't absolutely understood on the time of administration, and the placement can be extra complex by way of the involvement of a number of enterprises.
This e-book discusses gritty concerns that society faces each day: nutrients and water defense, environmental providers supplied through farmers, virtually unintentionally, and brought without any consideration via everybody else, the potential of the land to supply our wishes this day and for the foreseeable destiny and pollutants of soil, air and water.
- Incentives in Water Quality Management: France and the Ruhr Area (Routledge Revivals)
- Designing Sustainable Forest Landscapes
- Animals, Welfare and the Law: Fundamental Principles for Critical Assessment
- Environmental and Resource Valuation with Revealed Preferences: A Theoretical Guide to Empirical Models: 7 (The Economics of Non-Market Goods and Resources)
- The Origins of Energy and Environmental Policy in Europe: The Beginnings of a European Environmental Conscience (Environmental Politics)
Additional resources for A Place Against Time: Land and Environment in the Papua New Guinea Highlands (Studies in Environmental Anthropology)
A Place Against Time: Land and Environment in the Papua New Guinea Highlands (Studies in Environmental Anthropology) by Paul Sillitoe