By Ray Siemens,Susan Schreibman
- A entire evaluation exploring the appliance of computing in literary studies
- Includes the seminal writings from the field
- Focuses on equipment and views, new genres, formatting matters, and top practices for electronic preservation
- Explores the recent genres of hypertext literature, installations, gaming, and net blogs
- The Appendix serves as an annotated bibliography
Read or Download A Companion to Digital Literary Studies (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar library & information science books
The following, acclaimed expertise writer and speaker Robin Hastings brings either her personal event as a library’s IT supervisor with outsourcing technical functions—including e-mail and community backups in addition to easy maintenance—and that of others in her community of library techies to around out the booklet to aid libraries of all kinds and sizes get monetary savings and extend providers.
Useful for normal use by way of caregivers in addition to for assortment improvement, this e-book spotlights 1000s of titles which are attractive and enjoyable for the reader and preschooler alike.
The hot ACRL details literacy strategies brings renewed curiosity in info literacy guide and abilities for librarians. the recent details Literacy guide: most sensible Practices bargains counsel in making plans for and imposing details literacy guide courses in quite a lot of tutorial events, including:Course-related instructionFreshman composition coursesProfessional clinical educationNew path improvement and deliveryOne-shot sessionsFormal, credits coursesDistance educationVisual literacyand moreAs librarians take a brand new examine details literacy guideline, this crucial publication might help advisor you in growing and preserving a top quality guide software.
Libraries are charged with fostering new abilities and services, a hard job in an period of fast technological swap. constructing new methods of educating and learning—within finances and time constraints—is the most important to preserving updated. Written via librarians, this number of new essays describes an array of know-how outreach and guideline programs—from the theoretical to the practical—for public, educational and college libraries, according to case stories and discussions of method.
- Archives and Archivists in 20th Century England
- Genealogy: A Practical Guide for Librarians (Practical Guides for Librarians)
- Indigenous Notions of Ownership and Libraries, Archives and Museums (IFLA Publications)
- Digital Platforms and Feminist Film Discourse: Women’s Cinema 2.0
- Traversals: The Use of Preservation for Early Electronic Writing (MIT Press)
Additional info for A Companion to Digital Literary Studies (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Digital Literary Studies (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Ray Siemens,Susan Schreibman